Instrument Hire, Rental and Financing
Instrument Financing Options:
If you’re over 18 years of age and buying an instrument for a child under the age of 18, or aged 18-25 years and wanting to buy an instrument yourself – get interest free credit with Art’s Council Funded Take it Away Scheme.
If you’re over 25 we can offer other finance packages, ask in-store for details.
Instrument Rental Options
Which instrument are you looking to rent / hire?
Long Term (minimum 12 months but with option to purchase at any point)
Brass & Woodwind Instruments
Long Term (minimum 3 months)
We regularly hire out Yamaha C7 and C3 Grand Pianos and Yamaha U3 Uprights to a variety of events.
If you are looking for something more specific please do not hesitate to contact us.
We also offer special onsite tuning rates when you book a hire through us.
We rent out pianos on the basis that it gives customers the opportunity to ‘try before you buy’. It’s also a good option for beginners or if you are unable to pay the full amount of a piano upfront.
Please note, there are some extra charges that incur when renting a piano that we don’t charge when you purchase (see particulars below).
All our pianos, new and second hand, are available to rent so we encourage you to come and have a look in our showroom and we’ll take you through the range, giving you advice about which one to choose.
Particulars of the scheme are as follows:
- Initial Payment £240.00 for an upright piano and £360.00 for a grand piano. Additional delivery charges apply for stairs and/or long distances.
- Monthly Rental 2.75% of the purchase price subject to a minimum of £25.00.
- All Prices include VAT.
- The usual rental period is for twelve months and the piano is delivered on receipt of the initial payment and the first month's rental.
- The piano will be checked over and tuned, at no extra charge, within a few weeks of delivery. Thereafter, we must maintain the instrument during the rental period, and additional tunings (usually twice per year) are chargeable.
The price of the piano is written into the agreement, which contains the following options:
- If the piano is purchased within 6 months, all rental monies, together with half the initial payment, are credited against the price of the piano.
- If the piano is purchased within 12 months, all the rental monies are credited against the price of the piano. The initial payment will not be credited.
- If you wish to continue renting the piano after the first year, the same monthly rental payments will apply
- If you decide to purchase the piano after the first year, one third of the rental monies paid during the extended period will be credited, together with all the monthly rentals paid in the first year. The minimum final selling price of the piano is 15% of the original price.
Hire Purchase can be arranged at any time if so desired, (subject to status) using the credited amounts as all or part of the required deposit.
Please note that our rental agreement requires your bank details – i.e. account no., sort code and address and proof of identity such as your driving licence.
Please contact us if you require any further information, we are here to help you.
We offer digital pianos for both Concert or Short Term Rental purposes.
Looking for a piano to rent for an event? We hire out stage pianos from £85 + VAT.
Please enquire about the models we supply.
Please contact us now for availability and a quote.
The rental option is available on virtually any of the Woodwind & Brass instruments we carry in stock. We offer this scheme to give our customers the opportunity to try an instrument before they consider buying one. If you take to it nicely then you get the option to purchase with some of the monthly rental monies taken off. If you decide the instrument isn’t for you then you can return it!
How it works:
- There is a minimum commitment of 3 months.
- A deposit of 10% of the purchase price of the instrument is required and refundable upon return of the instrument in a satisfactory condition (ie normal wear and tear).
- The monthly rental works out at 5% of the purchase price subject to a minimum of £10.00.
- You may purchase the instrument anytime after 3 months. The monthly rentals and deposit can be offset against the price of the instrument, up to a maximum of 6 months worth of payments.
How to organise rental of an instrument:
Simply come to the shop with 2 different proofs of identification and your bank details to set up the monthly standing order. Please allow about 30 minutes for completing the relevant paperwork.
Please contact us for a list of prices and current models available to rent.